No images
Family Crisis Service Center PDF Print E-mail

FamiliesCollage1The Family Crisis Service Center meets with each family who seeks assistance from Longview Community Ministries. Requests vary but include: food, rent, utilities, transportation, fans, blankets, medical assistance as well as free basic life and job skill training classes.

Volunteer interviewers identify families who would qualify for established community/state programs (i.e. sliding scale low/no cost health insurance for children, further nutritional guidance for women and children, parenting programs, etc...) and refer them to the appropriate agency for on-going assistance.

 Requirements for Financial Assistance

  • Proof of Longview residency
  • Valid photo identification
  • Social Security cards for all members of household
  • Proof of income for all members of househole over 18
  • Be able to answer questions regarding monthly income and expenses

Typical Requests for Assistance

Rental Assistance

Funding for emergency rental assistance is limited and available to families on a one time only basis who can provide proof of a Longview address and meet certain criteria. Families must have signed separate documentation (LCM will provide the correct form) indicating evidence of paying full market rent. If the family has not received emergency rental assistance within the last two years, they may be eligible for the Incremental Housing Assistance Program (IHAP) (click here for brochure). IHAP requires clients to attend one class per month for the duration of 4 months to qualify for increments of $200; $150; $100 and $50 per month toward rent.




Rent Verification Letter must be filled out BEFORE your INTERVIEW.  Please take the Rent Verification Letter to your property owner/landlord and return to LCM between

9:00 - 11:30am  Monday – Friday for an interview.

 Rent is available on a first come first served basis.

  • The following types of assistance are available:
  • Partial Emergency Rent - assistance with current month's rent
  • Partial Past Due Rent - assistance with previous month's rent
  • Partial First Month's Rent - assistance with rent at new residence
    1. Cannot assist with any deposits
    2. Must have applied, paid deposits and been accepted to move into residence
  • Must have a Longview address
  • Must not ever had Incremental Housing rent classes 
  • May not have rent amount adjusted due to income (City housing, HUD housing, Habitat Housing, Home Tax Credit Property or any type of subsidized rent) – must be paying “market rate” 
  • Must have the following in hand when you come for your appointment
  1. Completed Rent Verification letter
  2. Photo ID
  3. Social Security cards for all members of the household
  4. Proof of income (last pay stub or copy of SSI) for all adult members of household
  5. Must be able to answer questions regarding expenses

Please click the following link to download this information.


Utility assistance is limited to a maximum amount of the last fifty dollars of a gas or water bill, or last hundred of an electric bill. The bill must indicate the name of the person requesting aid; who in turn must not have received such funding within the last two years.


Prescription drug assistance may be provided with proper financial documentation. Clients must already have their prescription in hand and LCM may seek to find the best prices available to help fill that need, up to approximately $60.

Dental assistance will be provided as a one time only service - for extractions only. With the development of the Longview Emergency Dental Outreach at Alpine Church of Christ and the participation of volunteer dental professionals, additional opportunities to serve more people who are suffering may become available. To assess financial need, LCM volunteers will conduct interviews and make referrals to the LEDO program.

Medical screenings will be provided for asthma, diabetes, cholesterol, and blood pressure.  Interested parties register for the clinic through LCM's Family Service Center.


Any resident of Longview can receive emergency food once a month. There is a form to be filled out at the Longview Community Ministries Office to gather information so the correct amount of food is given; those with larger families need more.

Weather Related

Fans, blankets or heaters are available to the elderly, disabled, or families with infants in the home. 

Download this file (IHAP brochure revised 8 7 08-1.pdf)IHAP brochure revised 8 7 08-1.pdf[ ]496 Kb